classic comic weekend!
Last week I started classic comic fridays and this friday I forgot to continue the tradition, so here is your classic comic for the weekend. This is for a show on March 1st, 2005 and was the first time I ever met and played with Jason Anderson who is one of the best one man performers I have ever seen, especially if you don’t know what to expect. I’ve probably played with him 5 or 6 other times but nothing could top the magic of this show. Also, the late great Cordelane played and some of Jason’s friends from Austin: BEAR. plus….its about snakes!
If you haven’t noticed (I’m guessing a lot of you just read the feed of this blog) I have changed homepage of yofishboy.com to go straight to this page since its most frequently updated. All the links you need will be on your top right along with two links that sort out the news posts from the comic posts.
I’m assuming that most of you think that since I haven’t given any music news in a while I’ve just been sitting around drawing comics all day. Not so! I was waiting for all of it to come together so I could drop a bunch of stuff at once…and yeah its coming slow. Here is what I have so far:
All songs have been written and rewritten and arrangements are solid, unfortunately we are having to sit on our hands for a little bit in order to work with Matt Pence again (man behind Albatross) at the the Echolab in Argyle, so you might not hear any new recordings until midsummer.
About the songs!
I went into the songwriting process with a couple of strict rules I made myself follow
- Every song has to be a profile song about a different fictional character.
- Every song has to introduce and include the main character of the following song there by connecting the two characters in someway.
- because I love Mean Mr. Mustard and Polythene Pam
- Every song title is to be the characters name
- Every name begins with the letter “A”
- All names/songs/tracks are in alphabetical order
- each new song/character developing an over all narrative and theme for the album.